Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to Washingon!

As Joseph and I were moving to Washington from Utah just as we got into Washington state it started raining like crazy and I was driving next to a semi who was also kicking up buckets of water at my window. Joseph calls me and says "Welcome to Washington." It hasn't rained like that since we have been here until today.

Today was another crazy week for weather. This time it flooded! Last year around this time there was flooding south of our home and this year it was state wide. They closed down I-5 near Centrailia and all of the passes to get anywhere so everyone was stuck in the middle of the state.

These are some of the pictures of the creek flooding over the driveway.

Over on the left is usually dipped into a U shape and the creek is little and flowing through...



This is the little creek that is almost a river!



I was able to get my car through that by the way...

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm so jealous. You live where Bella and Edward lives.

The Breakwell Family said...

Wow, crazy weather. Hope all is well with you guys and that you had wonderful holidays! When are you going to come to Utah for a visit so we can see you?! :)

Chris Almond said...

where in oly do you guys live? is it by sunset dr? i lived there last year and these pictures look like they are right by my old place.